Thursday, April 11, 2013

Taking a Chance

I'm considering doing something scary. Something I've never done before. I haven't been thinking about it for long. It just kind of came to me last night.

I haven't acted on it yet, but I'm thinking about how to broach the subject. It's all in the wording, you know. What to say. What not to say. How to say and not say what I really mean.

I want to invite my daughter and her son to visit. But I don't want to scare them away. I don't want to push too hard. And I definitely don't want to freak anyone out.

But it would be fun to have them here for a couple of days and hang out by the pool. Our kids could play together and we could visit. Catch up. Get to know each other better. Or again.

But I don't want her to feel pressured to say yes if she doesn't want to. If she's not ready.

At this point I have nothing to lose. I know about her life but I'm not part of it. I am her friend on facebook but not in real life. I've seen pictures of her family but have never met most of them.

So really, what's to lose?

I'll keep you posted.





Photo credit

1 comment:

  1. I struggle with this as well. My adoption was semi-open, then closed. I want so badly to reach out to his ap's to open communication again, yet, terrified to do so. I can only imagine how difficult having "semi-open" contact with my son would be. I say go for it... I truly believe that if you communicate open & honestly you truly do have nothing to lose! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete