Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Baby

Hello friends! I hope you are seeing signs of spring wherever you are. It's only been a week since our last snowstorm here in Kansas, so I'm hopeful but realistic.

This birthmother journey is so interesting. I am learning so much even 26 years down the road. Who would have thought this girl had it in her to change?

I met a friend in Target yesterday and as we were catching up, I asked about The Baby.......
The Baby they had been promised.
The Baby they had been allowed to take home from the hospital.
The Baby whose mother changed her mind after a week and is now parenting her.
That baby.

The mother is unable to provide food or shelter or clothing for that baby.
The mother is unable or unwilling to work to make money to support them, so they lean on everyone else to do it for them.

So for now, their church, their community organizations and her father are all pulling together, working and supplying the needs for that baby and her mother.

But my friend said the baby looks happy and until such time as the support system fails, they will be ok.

I really don't know what I think about that. I used to have such strong opinions, but now the whole situation makes me sad. Sad for the baby. Sad for the mother. And sad for my friends who are wanting to provide a home for a child who needs one.

How about you?




Photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment