Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Journal and the Storm


I've heard it said that if you're not currently experiencing a storm in your life you're either about to go into one or you are just getting out of one. I guess in the broad sense, that's true of all of us. Some storms are short-lived, some seem to be lifelong.

However I continue to believe that God is right beside me no matter my circumstances. That the reason I'm a follower of Jesus Christ is not so that he will insulate me from life's events but so that He will walk with me through the storm.

I love to journal. I haven't always been consistent, but am happy with myself when I am. For my birthday last June my friend gave me a journal and I have been pretty regular since then. Some days my thoughts are muddled, some days they come out like prayers. I love being able to look back over my written records of the past and see God at work, even when I didn't know it.

I've told you about my husband's accident. Here's part of the journal entry the night before his accident:

 Jesus Calling today says this: I will not show you what is on the road ahead, but I will thoroughly equip you for the journey.

I'm feeling very anxious tonight about all that is coming up in the next month...Help my attitude be one of thankfulness, LORD. 
Jesus Calling is a devotional book I like to read every day. Re-reading this reminds me that God is not surprised by our life's circumstances. He is not caught unawares. He always knows what's coming. We can't know, and may not want to know, but we can trust God to hold our hand and guide us through it.
Have a great day.



No comments:

Post a Comment