Friday, June 26, 2009

Songs Related to Adoption


If you know me, you know I love music. I love how I can put a song on and it instantly eiter fits my mood or changes my mood. Since becoming a birthmom, I’ve collected a little list of songs related to either adoption or songs related to a Mother’s love for her child. Sometimes it might not be the entire song that touches me but a particular verse or the chorus.

Below is my personal list of my top 25 songs related to adoption and a Mother’s Love. 

  1. Here Without You by 3 Doors Down
  2. I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack
  3. If My Heart Had Wings by Faith Hill
  4. How do I Live Without You by LeAnn Rimes
  5. The Promise by Tracy Chapman
  6. God Speed (also known as Sweet Dreams) by Dixie Chicks
  7. I Will Remember You by Sarah McLachlan
  8. Lullaby in Blue by Bette Midler
  9. Find your Wings by Mark Harris
  10. My Heart will Go On by Celine Dion
  11. Forever Young by Bob Dylan
  12. Think of Me by Mark Schultz
  13. One Sweet Day by Boyz II Men and Mariah Carey
  14. What Hurts the Most by Rascal Flatts
  15. Hold on for One More Day by Wilson Phillips
  16. What Might Have Been by Little Texas
  17. One More Day by Diamond Rio
  18. My Wish by Rascal Flatts
  19. Held by Natalie Grant
  20. Pray for Me by Michael W. Smith
  21. Butterfly by Mariah Carey
  22. I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston
  23. Secret by Reba McIntire
  24. Voice In My Head by Dixie Chicks
  25. Everything to Me by Mark Schultz

Now, what is YOUR favorite song related to adoption or your love for your child?

6 comments:

  1. Hello, I do not write to these things often but was checking things out.
    A song for me is called Broken by Linsay Haun off the sound track Movie called Broken Bridges with Toby Keith. When I first heard this song all I could do was cry cause it fit so well with me and what I had to go through.
    Vi

    ReplyDelete
  2. One song that gets me every time is "I will always love you" but sung by Dolly Parton. I can't listen to that song with out my eyes misting up. I also like Missing You by Amy Grant. I am sure there are more...but I just can not recall them now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One song that looks at adoption from a different perspective that I just love is "Letter To My Mother" by Edwin McCain. It's so nice to hear a child's perspective.
    Crystal Rae

    ReplyDelete
  4. "flower in manhattan" by the avett brothers is AN AMAZING song. i dont think it was written in the context of adoption but it really hits home for me. especially if you gave birth to a girl. i cry every time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Secret by Reba, and he would be sixteen. Not sure who songs it though. Also the prom, from gods arms to my arms to your, that they made into a song...

    ReplyDelete