Thursday, February 21, 2013

Searching using Social Media

Did you see this this week on facebook? I was surprised when I logged in to find my friend had liked Sharon's post and promised to help spread the word. It's amazing how technology is changing the way birthchildren and their biological parents are connecting!

I wonder if Crystal (the daughter she is searching for) has seen this yet? or if she has and doesn't know it's her? or maybe she has and is mortified because she likes things just the way they are.

It's hard for me to put myself in those shoes. I've always known who I am and where I came from. I've always known I belonged to the family who surrounded me. Even in my 'black sheep' years, I had no doubt that my parents were my parents, and my extended family was just that.

I have a friend who, years after her father died, learned that she had a brother from a previous relationship. Her mother didn't even know. And now her mother and sister are slow to recognize this new brother as a part of their family.

How sad! Instead of harboring resentment towards her deceased husband, I wish she were able to embrace this new facet of her husband's past!

Anyway, I'm rambling. Somehow, all these thoughts are related.

Have a great day!







Photo credit

3 comments:

  1. Social media provides you with organic sources of content that will help you stay up-to-date on new developments in the job industry of your choice. People are always sharing links to blog posts, articles and Facebook pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thankful for the internet...I am sure lots of people lost to each other have found each other this way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am helping a friend search for her birthmother. she was born in sterlington, louisiana on january 10th 1970. she was born at 430 pm, and dr henry jones handled the adoption/delivery. my friend needs her medical history thanks.

    ReplyDelete