Thursday, January 3, 2013

Resolutes?


Happy new year, friends. If you're like me, just about now you're revving up to get back into the routine, the schedule, the swing of life. It feels like I've been over-sugared, over-visited and out of any sort of structure for a long time.

While some are making a resolution or two, I'm setting my sights on the new year. One thing I'm doing this year is coming up with a word to really ponder and use all throughout the year to keep me focused on the most important things. I haven't yet decided on which word to choose, but I can give you an idea as to the top contenders. Here they are in no particular order:

See - The year brought lots of changes into my family not the least of which was a move across town. While not far in distance, it has been far in other ways. It would be easy to get comfortable in this new bubble, but that's not what I want. I want to see those around me; I want to see need; I want to see things the way they are, not the way I want them to be.

Context - The first semester brought Ancient Rome into the spotlight of our second grade history curriculum. I have been so fascinated by the context that part of history brings to the Bible, how it has changed some things for me knowing what was going on in the real world at the time of Christ's birth, for example. That experience has opened my eyes to the importance of context. I'm not sure what that means to my real life going forward, but I'm curious to find out more.

Resolve - I'm considering this one because my friend is using this word for her year. But I like it. It holds power, promise. It's strong. And it brings to mind determination. It's definitely in the running.

So what about you? What are you doing to prepare for the year ahead?




Photo credit


No comments:

Post a Comment