Thursday, April 12, 2012

Restoration


Have you ever read the passage in Joel that talks about the locusts and God restoring all that they have eaten? Well for me, this was one of those long-ago promises that I held onto when I was pregnant with my birthdaughter. Somewhere along the way, I got the impression that God would make it all better, that he "owed" me because I was making this great sacrifice.

Well, that's not exactly right. But what I have seen as I read the Bible and pray and wait on God is that his idea of restoration is different from mine. Big surprise, right? Sometimes his idea is so different from mine that I don't immediately recognize it.

A couple of weeks ago I helped out my mom and her new husband, Dee. His granddaughter was flying into my city and they were coming to pick her up and deliver her back home. This required an overnight stay at my house because her flight was so late.

The next morning we got up and all ate pancakes together before the four of them headed home. It struck me later how God demonstrated that restoration piece right here in my own kitchen. Dee's granddaughter was born four days after my birthdaughter with whom I am currently estranged. Her son is about the age of my birthdaughter's son, with whom I am obviously also estranged.

It struck me as amazing that even with all the time gone by, God was still willing and able to show me his restoration power. How has God shown himself to you lately? I bet if you look around, you will see him at work in ways that will amaze you.




No comments:

Post a Comment