Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Fresh Start


Welcome to a new year. A fresh start. A blank page. Apart from football, parades and the aftermath of Christmas, now is an excellent time to start planning for your own fresh start. I'm not talking about the typical resolutions that fade well before February is even over. I'm talking about turning over a complete new leaf.

This is the time to let go of the past, to let go of what has come before and walk boldly into your future and your new life. The book of Isaiah puts it like this:

Forget about what’s happened;
    don’t keep going over old history.
Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand-new.
    It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it?
There it is! I’m making a road through the desert,
    rivers in the badlands.    Isaiah 43:19
Did you read that? I'm about to do something brand new? How exciting is that? I don't know about you friends, but I'm ready for new life. I'm ready for him to do something exciting and healing. I'm ready for him to bring rivers of life-giving water into the dark, dry places in my soul.
I promise you the God of the Bible is at work all around you. I promise that he wants to do a new thing in your life. Give your mind over to him so he can change it and make it new. Trust him with your heart to heal it and not to hurt it anymore. This is how you can move forward. This is how you can let go of the hurt and walk into healing.
Happy fresh start.


No comments:

Post a Comment