Thursday, January 12, 2012

Grace


Maybe I never knew the word, but I have always struggled with the space between forgiveness and justice. Perhaps you have, too. I'm a justice girl. I see things in black and white, which makes life very difficult. Not everything is black or white. Not everything can be black or white. Some things just are.

I'm not sure if it was the pregnancy or the subsequent adoption that set my family off, but we have never been the same. Not that I would know any different. But it just seems like we're so, well, crazy. My mom seems to have nothing but grace and forgiveness for my sister who makes one poor choice after another. But I, on the other hand, always feel judged by her. Even though I've been in the same marriage, the same house, moving in the same direction for many years, I still feel a lack of grace from her.

Maybe that's where I get it from. Maybe that's why I see the world the way I do. Is that stuff taught or is it coded into our DNA? I don't know. So I struggle. How about you?



Photo credit

No comments:

Post a Comment