Thursday, December 22, 2011

Dear Myra

Dear Myra,

Remember me? Your old roommate?

I can't believe it's been 25 years already. You have just celebrated a big milestone. I'm curious: are you reunited? Is he a part of your life? What's he like? And most of all, do you regret your decision?

Remember the couple years after when we kept in touch? You came to visit me in Branson one summer and we had such a good time. At a time when I didn't feel like I had a friend in the world, there you were.

And when we went to visit your dad? How fun was that! I remember strolling the beach handing out gospel tracks and talking to people about Jesus. Fueled by our common experience, we were so on fire!

I'm curious. Do you still love God?

Thank you for being such a friend to me. I'm so sorry we lost touch. I look for you every year about this time hoping you have appeared on some forum somewhere. So far, no luck. But maybe someday we'll cross paths again. Until then, know that you are in my prayers and I am indebted to your friendship.




No comments:

Post a Comment