Monday, November 30, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Sunday Inspiration: You are Here by God's Choice
You are Here by God's Choice
by Roy Lessin
you’re not here by chance,
but by God’s choosing.
His hand formed you and
made you the person you are.
He compares you to no one else-
you are one of a kind.
You lack nothing that His
grace can’t give you.
He has allowed you to be here
at this time in history
to fulfill His special purpose
for this generation.
Posted by Coley at 5:46 AM No comments:
Labels: Inspiration, Religion
Monday, November 23, 2009
Music Monday: Keep Holding On
This is a song featured in the television show "Glee". If you watch the show, you know this is the song that the glee club sings when they want to show pregnant cheerleader Quinn that they support her-adoption situation and all. When choosing to become a birthmother, you really do find out who your friends are.
Posted by Marilee at 11:00 AM No comments:
Monday, November 16, 2009
Music Monday: Get Up by Superchick
This song really inspires me when I'm in a sad mood or feel like I just can't fight any more battles. I hope it does the same for you, wonderful readers.
Posted by Marilee at 12:29 PM No comments:
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Quote of the Week: Dance in the Rain
Posted by Coley at 1:48 AM No comments:
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
As you are educating yourself on adoption you may run across terms that you are unfamiliar to you. Below is a list of some of those terms along with their definitions.
- Adoption decree – Legal order that finalizes the adoption to the adoptive parents
- Birthparents, Birthmother, and Birthfather – Refers to the people who biologically created the child. NOTE: There are also other terms that can be used to refer to a birthmother such as first mom or life mom. Birthmom just happens to be the one most commonly used. Also, you are not a birthmother until you sign relinquishment papers. Until that moment, you are simply an expectant mother considering adoption.
- Closed adoption – Birth parents do not meet the adoptive parents and no contact is maintained after the birth and placement of the child.
- Confidential Adoption - A more up-to-date term for closed adoption.
- Familial adoption – Adoptions in which the adoptive parents and birthparents are related in some way (Also known as kinship adoption, relative adoption, or interfamily adoption.)
- Home study – Assessment of the adoptive parents’ ability to provide a healthy and happy home. All adoptive parents must complete a home study before adopting. The home study includes background checks, doctors’ reports, financial information, etc.. and is conducted by a licensed social worker.
- Open adoption – Refers to adoptions where the birth parents and adoptive parents have met and have some level of ongoing contact with each other. Contact can include letters, pictures, visits, etc. NOTE: In most states, open adoptions are NOT legally enforceable.
- Openness Agreement – Document that states the intended amount of contact in an open adoption between the adoptive parents and the birthparents. NOTE: These are not legally enforceable.
- Relinquishment papers – A legal document that birth parents must sign terminating their parental rights. NOTE: The laws regarding when a parent can sign relinquishment papers vary in each state.
- Semi open adoption – Birthparents and adoptive parents may meet prior to the birth of the child, but typically do not know identifying information about each other. Contact can be maintained through a 3rd party.
- Triad – Term used to describe the 3 parties represented in adoptions: the birthparents, the adoptive parents, and the adopted child.
Posted by Coley at 12:01 AM 2 comments:
Monday, November 9, 2009
Music Monday: The Mothers in my Life
Posted by Marilee at 9:07 PM No comments:
Sunday, November 8, 2009
The November Newsletter is now up.
Check it out!
Check it out!
Posted by Coley at 10:03 PM No comments:
Labels: Announcements, Newsletters
Quote of the Week: Music in the Trees
"There is music in the leaves of trees but you must be still to hear it."
Photo Credit: Coley S.
Posted by Coley at 12:01 AM No comments:
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Music Monday on Tuesday: Held by Natalie Grant
We're late with Music Monday this week! But better late than never, eh? ;)
Posted by Coley at 8:28 AM No comments:
Monday, November 2, 2009
Quote of the Week: New Ending
"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson
Posted by Coley at 11:58 PM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)