Friday, December 27, 2013

Relationships After Placement

I don't know about you, but after I gave birth to Micah, all I wanted was someone to hold me in the middle of the night when I was shaking from crying so hard. Knowing that my son was never going to be laying next to me in my bed just made it that much harder feeling like I was all alone. I've been on a few dates since Micah, but nothing clicked like baby daddy and I did. Granted, we weren't dating, but it was the closest thing to it.

Bachelor number one: We'll just call him Mark. Mark and I went on a few dates over the summer of 2012. A mutual friend had set us up, so he knew I was headed off to college in the fall. He was a sweet guy, but dumb as a brick. I know what you're thinking, "Why is she being so harsh on the guy? He was probably just nervous!" I bet he was, but it didn't help his case when he walked to my door wearing a muscle shirt, offering me free tickets to the "gun show". And then he proceeded to tell me he was being scouted to play for the Baltimore ravens football team... while tripping over the sidewalk. Ladies, I wish I was making this up. Needless to say, things didn't work out. 

Bachelor number two: Let's call him Jason. Jason and I started hanging out at college in the fall of 2012. We had a ton of stuff in common, so I was really excited to go out with him! Our first date was pretty awkward, but aren't they all? We went to a pizza place and talked for hours. It was perfection. I was so happy to finally have someone I could talk to about Micah. He completely understood me. Now, I'm the kind of person that always has her guard up and is waiting for the other shoe to drop. But with Jason I didn't have to worry about anything. It felt like we were soulmates. We lived happily ever after, the end (I wish). It was right before winter break. I'd finished my final early, so I went over to his dorm room to surprise him and give him his Christmas present. We'd been dating for about 5 months, so I wanted to get him something special. I spent a months worth of paychecks to buy him a pair of Oakley sunglasses and tickets to an Eagles game. I walked in on him and another girl. To top it off, the girl was my roommate. 

I literally have THE worst luck with guys, and these are just two examples of the dates I've gone on and the douchebags I've met. How's your luck been since placement? Hopefully better than mine! Leave me a comment below and let me know!






No comments:

Post a Comment