Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Introducing Britney

Hi Ladies!

Coley asked if I was interested in writing a weekly post here at the Birthmom Buds blog in addition to my own, and I said yes! So, let me introduce myself:

My name is Britney, and I'm birthmom to an adorable 4-month-old little boy I call "C". I have an open adoption with his parents, H&L.

I'm a 24-year-old native Texan. I am studying non-profit administration through online courses and working for a local talk radio station. I go to a great church and volunteer in the nursery on Sundays, and I enjoy staying pretty politically involved.

I found out I was pregnant a little over a year ago. I decided to place C for adoption very early in my pregnancy but, as most of us did, vacillated between parenting and placing several times before I made the final decision. Originally, I thought I would be placing him with friends, but ended up meeting H&L through the agency I worked with about four months before C was born.

I found Birthmom Buds while searching online about a week after my pregnancy was officially confirmed and got an e-mail from a mentor later that week. I've also had the opportunity to know several birthmoms "in real life," and I am so grateful for their support!

Since placing, I've become involved with a local group called Adoption Knowledge Affiliates, which has monthly meetings where all triad members (adoptive parents, birth parents and adopted persons) and adoption professionals gather and share our experiences.

If there's anything else you'd like to know about me, please feel free to ask! I look forward to sharing a bit of my journey with you!




2 comments: