Thursday, March 13, 2014

Disney's Frozen

Being a mommy to girls means we see every princess and princess-like movie that comes along. Disney's Frozen is no exception. Did you see it? Surely you've heard the song Let it Go. I cried at the song even in the theater. What a great message to me as a wife, mother, sister, woman, birthmom and person living in this world.


Here's my favorite part. Feel free to sing along:

Don’t let them in, don’t let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be
Conceal, don’t feel, don’t let them know
Well, now they know

Let it go, let it go
Can’t hold it back anymore
Let it go, let it go
Turn away and slam the door

I don’t care
What they’re going to say
Let the storm rage on,
The cold never bothered me anyway

Ahh... those words. I know as a Believer in Jesus Christ I am free. But this world is so hard to live in sometimes that doubts and fears and shoulds and shouldn'ts seem to creep in despite my best efforts to guard against them. What girl doesn't need a power ballad in her repertoire for those tough times?

Anyway, I just wondered if anyone else felt that way I did about this song. Hope you are having a blessed week.


Photo credit



No comments:

Post a Comment